Transreport Accessibility Statement
At Transreport, our commitment is to ensure that our website is usable by everyone. While our website is designed to be accessible by default, we recommend users customise their computer, tablet, or smartphone settings to optimise their experience. This customisation can include features such as having the website read aloud, adjusting the colour scheme, or enlarging font sizes to better suit your individual needs.
Meeting Accessibility Standards
Our goal is to meet or exceed the requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 at the AA level. These guidelines are globally recognised as the standard for web accessibility.
- Text Alternatives: We’ve provided meaningful text alternatives for non-text content.
- Keyboard Navigation: The site is fully navigable using only a keyboard.
- Contrast and Colour: We’ve ensured that text and background colours provide clear contrast.
- Resizable Text: We use relative units (like ems or percentages) instead of fixed sizes to allow users to resize text.
- Avoiding Flashing Content: We’ve taken measures to ensure no content flashes more than three times per second.
- Accessible Forms: All forms on the site are accessible and have descriptive labels.
- ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications): We’ve implemented ARIA to improve accessibility for users with screen readers.
- Consistent Navigation: Navigation remains consistent across different pages to ensure a predictable user experience.
Future Accessibility Enhancements
We are also planning to introduce accessibility customisations within the site in the future, making it easier for individuals who may not be able to customise their devices for accessibility.
Compatibility with Different Devices
Our website is designed to be compatible with all modern browsers and devices, ensuring accessibility for a wide range of assistive technologies.
We conduct routine accessibility audits of the website, and annually, we perform a comprehensive website audit, adhering to WCAG 2.1 AA standards. These standards serve as the foundation for our ongoing audit and enhancement strategies. Additionally, we conduct ad-hoc testing of individual pages and the entire site using third-party testing tools such as Lighthouse, a tool integrated into the Chrome browser.
Links to External Websites
We provide links to external websites and embed content from select external sources on some of our pages, including news websites, social media platforms, and partner websites. Please note that we do not assume responsibility for the accessibility of these external websites or any others that we do not oversee. If you encounter any accessibility issues with third-party content, we recommend addressing your concerns directly with the content provider, as we lack the capability to rectify such issues ourselves.
We understand that maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing commitment, and we are dedicated to continually enhancing its accessibility to offer the best possible service to all our users.
If you’ve had a positive experience using Transreport’s website or encountered any issues, we encourage you to reach out to us. You can contact us by emailing [email protected]. Your feedback is valuable in our pursuit of a more accessible online experience.