About the Role
Location: London, England, UK (Remote)
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 a year.
Please ensure you add your portfolio to your application- This is a must. Your portfolio should include:
- Your Previous work
- The concept behind the design
- Any research supporting the design
- Which tools were used
We are seeking an experienced Design Manager to lead our design team, adept at setting up processes and integrating design systems with development workflows. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and direction to multiple teams, working across responsive web, mobile applications, and our design systems. This role is pivotal in shaping our product vision and strategy through expert collaboration and management.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and mentor a team of Designers, encourage a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Identify and address blockers, leveraging opportunities for team and product improvement.
- Engage in all decision-making phases for your product area, including planning, strategy, QA, analysis, and retrospectives.
- Ensure all requirements are met on time and to a high standard
Strategic Collaboration and Vision:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to influence and shape the product vision and strategy.
- Allocating resources for your team in the current and upcoming plan.
- Contribute to the growth of team members through mentorship and guidance.
- Implement and refine design working processes.
- Organize, document, and manage multiple projects, ensuring clarity and consistency in team operations.
Design Systems and Cross-Product Strategy:
- Develop and document design systems, providing guidance on cross-product design strategies.
- Experience in B2B, technical products, and data visualizations is crucial.
- Plan design roadmaps in collaboration with senior stakeholders, underpinned by a deep understanding of user-centered design and UX principles.
- Have a strong creative vision to plan design roadmaps with senior stakeholder.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in leading a design team.
- Proven track record in developing design systems and strategizing across various products.
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in design and successful team leadership (submission required).
- Extensive experience with B2B & B2C environments, technical products, and data visualisation
- Accessibility Design awareness
- Excellent mentorship and team management skills; previous management experience is highly desirable.
- Strong creative vision with the ability to plan and execute design strategies effectively.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
What’s in it for you:
- Private medical insurance for you and your children after the probationary period
- Tech & Cycle Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Flu Jab for you and your family members
- 20 days holiday per annum plus UK Bank Holidays
- 10 days nonconsecutive sick leave with full payment per annum
- Flexible working hours and fully remote working mode arrangement to promote work-life balance
- Discretionary Bonus (Dependent upon organisational and individual performance)
- Upscaling and training opportunities, assisting you to stay up to date and explore new skills
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity and teamwork
- Unique policies that value diversity and inclusion, including volunteering policy so you can pursue external interests
- Opportunities for growth and advance your career within the company, or switch between technologies and projects
- A budget for learning resources, courses, and books to support your continuous learning and growth within the company after the probationary period
Research tells us that applicants can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience, please apply. Don’t let the absence of a few checkboxes discourage you. Your qualifications and potential could be valuable assets, and we welcome applicants who can contribute to our team’s success.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We are a disability confident employer and welcome applications from disabled candidates. We recognise that some candidates may require reasonable adjustments during the interview process and are committed to making these adjustments where needed.
Our goal is to create an inclusive and accessible workplace for all, and we value your unique perspective. We offer disabled applicants the option of requesting that their application is considered under the terms of our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). To be invited to interview or assessment under this scheme, you must show
- in your supporting statements that you meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- Simply email us the following declaration below to [email protected]
- Email subject: DECLARATION - Your Name + [job title]
- Email Content: “I consider myself to have a disability as defined above and I would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme”
If you do not wish to apply under the GIS, but do require us to make reasonable adjustments at interview, then please let us know what those adjustments will be.
A request under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme does not guarantee you a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the post.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for all candidates. If you require the job description in an alternative format, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us - [email protected].
If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know.