About the job
We are looking for a passionate QA Analyst to be a part of the quality gatekeepers for all product changes going live across the business. You should be comfortable with creating automation tests scripts to minimise manual tests where possible. You will create test plans and use these plans to assess functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other systems. You will use these test plans to identify and report bugs as well as retesting to ensure the implemented fix is successful.
Location: Osaka, Japan
As a member of the team, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand user journeys and functional requirements provided by Business Analyst.
- Development test cases for full coverage of acceptance criteria.
- Experience in Automation test frameworks such as WebdriverIO, Cypress or Playwright (Preferably WebdriverIO)
- Keeping the DRE (defect removal efficiency) to 98%.
- Liaise with business clients to facilitate their acceptance testing.
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep up to date with the latest testing techniques and software..
- Ability to challenge requirements and collaborate with developers to find solutions.
- Team player who is as interested in the success of the overall business as their own success.
We expect you to:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a QA role.
- Passionate about product quality and user experience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and effective communication.
- Proactive and diligence in carrying out day to day activities.
- Well versed in Automation framework and architecture.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The following are not essential but would be well-received by us in respect to this role:
- Understanding the product from a customer perspective
- WebDriverIO framework knowledge/experience
- Experience implementing and maintaining automated tests for modern web and/or mobile apps
- Computer Science or Software Engineering background and experience in developer role
Employee Benefits/Perks of the Job:
- Private medical insurance for you and your children after the probationary period
- Tech & Cycle Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Flu Jab for you and your family members
- 20 days holiday per annum plus UK Bank Holidays
- 10 days nonconsecutive sick leave with full payment per annum
- Flexible working hours and fully remote working mode arrangement to promote work-life balance
- Discretionary Bonus (Dependent upon organisational and individual performance)
- Upscaling and training opportunities, assisting you to stay up to date and explore new skills
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity and teamwork
- Unique policies that value diversity and inclusion, including volunteering policy so you can pursue external interests
- Opportunities for growth and advance your career within the company, or switch between technologies and projects
- A budget for learning resources, courses, and books to support your continuous learning and growth within the company after the probationary period
We acknowledge that prospective candidates may have reservations about applying for a role if they don’t meet all the requirements or have experienced an extended career break. However, we want to assure you that if you believe you are well-suited for the position and can demonstrate transferable experience, we strongly encourage you to apply. Please don’t let the absence of a few checkboxes discourage you from seizing this opportunity.
We wholeheartedly welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and career paths. Your qualifications and potential are highly valued and respected by our company. We actively seek applicants who can make meaningful contributions to our team’s success.
Our application process is designed to give you the opportunity to showcase your skills and experience and learn more about our company and culture. Here’s what you can expect:
- after receiving your application, we will review your CV and cover letter to assess your qualifications and experience. • Screening call:
- if we believe that you are a good fit for the role, we will schedule a 30 minute screening call to discuss your experience, qualifications, and interest in the position.
- you will be given a challenge to complete at your convenience. The challenge will test your QA skills, mindset and ability to solve problems. We encourage you to spend as much time as you need to polish the answer to your satisfaction.
- if you pass the challenge, we will schedule a 1-2 hour communication session to evaluate your communication and collaboration skills with wider team, a mock refinement session with your offline challenge may be required. During this session, you will have the opportunity to learn more about our company and culture and ask any questions you may have.
- if the communication session is successful, we will enter into the negotiation stage where we will discuss compensation and other details of the job offer.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We are a disability confident employer and welcome applications from disabled candidates. We recognise that some candidates may require reasonable adjustments during the interview process and are committed to making these adjustments where needed.
Our goal is to create an inclusive and accessible workplace for all, and we value your unique perspective. We offer disabled applicants the option of requesting that their application is considered under the terms of our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). To be invited to interview or assessment under this scheme, you must show
- in your supporting statements that you meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- Simply email us the following declaration below to [email protected]
- Email subject: DECLARATION - Your Name + [job title]
- Email Content: “I consider myself to have a disability as defined above and I would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme”
I consider myself to have a disability as defined above and I would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you do not wish to apply under the GIS, but do require us to make reasonable adjustments at interview, then please let us know what those adjustments will be.
A request under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme does not guarantee you a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the post.
If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know.