About the role
Location: London, England, UK (Remote)
Salary: £52,000 - £80,000 a year.
As a member of the team, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Designing and developing advanced applications for the iOS/iPadOS platform that meet high standards of accessibility, usability, and performance, with a focus on both consumer-facing apps and apps for transport staff.
- Collaborating closely with our product and design teams to translate user needs and business requirements into technical specifications and implement them in code, with a strong emphasis on accessibility as a critical component of our apps.
- Writing clean, well-documented, and well-tested code for robustness and scalability, with a focus on accessibility standards such as WCAG and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. You will work closely with our QA team to develop and execute comprehensive test plans to ensure the quality and performance of our apps.
- Guiding and mentoring the development team to improve development efficiency and ensure that our codebase is maintainable and extensible.
- Implementing good practices for code quality, version control, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), and deployment.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest iOS technologies and trends, evaluating and implementing new tools and techniques to improve our development process, accessibility, and testing practices.
- Your work will be crucial in creating inclusive applications that support disabled and older people to have accessible journeys. We are committed to prioritising the diverse needs of all users, and creating applications that are accessible and user-friendly for everyone.
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least 5 years of proven experience as an iOS Developer, with a track record of delivering high-quality, accessible apps.
- Proficiency in Swift and other relevant iOS technologies, such as UIKit, Core Data, and Core Animation.
- Good expertise in some classic libraries such as Alamofire, Kingfisher, and RxSwift.
- A good understanding of iOS accessibility and usability guidelines, such as VoiceOver, and experience implementing them in code.
- Experience with Programmatic UI frameworks such as SwiftUI, SnapKit or Auto Layout to create responsive, adaptive user interfaces.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI and Fastlane to automate the build, test, and deployment process.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON and integrating third-party APIs.
The following are not essential but would be well-received by us in respect to this role:
- An understanding of the general mobile landscape, including frameworks, architectures, and emerging technologies, and a dedication to staying up-to-date with the latest trends and good practices.
- Great communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including product owners, designers, and QA engineers.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and software development good practices, such as Scrum, Kanban, and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to debug complex issues and optimize performance.
What’s in it for you:
- Private medical insurance for you and your children after the probationary period
- Tech & Cycle Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Flu Jab for you and your family members
- 20 days holiday per annum plus UK Bank Holidays
- 10 days nonconsecutive sick leave with full payment per annum
- Flexible working hours and fully remote working mode arrangement to promote work-life balance
- Discretionary Bonus (Dependent upon organisational and individual performance)
- Upscaling and training opportunities, assisting you to stay up to date and explore new skills
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity and teamwork
- Unique policies that value diversity and inclusion, including volunteering policy so you can pursue external interests
- Opportunities for growth and advance your career within the company, or switch between technologies and projects
- A budget for learning resources, courses, and books to support your continuous learning and growth within the company after the probationary period
Our application process is designed to give you the opportunity to showcase your skills and experience and learn more about our company and culture. Here’s what you can expect:
- CV review: after receiving your application, we will review your CV and cover letter to assess your qualifications and experience.
- Screening call: if we believe that you are a good fit for the role, we will schedule a 30 minute screening call to discuss your experience, qualifications, and interest in the position.
- Coding challenge: you will be given a 1.5-hour coding challenge to complete at your convenience. The coding challenge will test your technical skills and ability to solve problems using iOS technologies. We encourage you to spend as much time as you need to polish the solution to your satisfaction. Once you have completed the coding challenge, you will have the opportunity to submit your solution and receive feedback from our team.
- Communication session: if you pass the coding challenge, we will schedule a 1-hour communication session to evaluate your communication and collaboration skills. During this session, you will have the opportunity to learn more about our company and culture and ask any questions you may have.
- Negotiation stage: if the communication session is successful, we will enter into the negotiation stage where we will discuss compensation and other details of the job offer.
We acknowledge that prospective candidates may have reservations about applying for a role if they don’t meet all the requirements or have experienced an extended career break. However, we want to assure you that if you believe you are well-suited for the position and can demonstrate transferable experience, we strongly encourage you to apply. Please don’t let the absence of a few checkboxes discourage you from seizing this opportunity.
We wholeheartedly welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and career paths. Your qualifications and potential are highly valued and respected by our company. We actively seek applicants who can make meaningful contributions to our team’s success.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We are a disability confident employer and welcome applications from disabled candidates. We recognise that some candidates may require reasonable adjustments during the interview process and are committed to making these adjustments where needed.
Our goal is to create an inclusive and accessible workplace for all, and we value your unique perspective. We offer disabled applicants the option of requesting that their application is considered under the terms of our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). To be invited to interview or assessment under this scheme, you must show
- in your supporting statements that you meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- Simply email us the following declaration below to [email protected]
- Email subject: DECLARATION - Your Name + [job title]
- Email Content: “I consider myself to have a disability as defined above and I would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme”
If you do not wish to apply under the GIS, but do require us to make reasonable adjustments at interview, then please let us know what those adjustments will be.
A request under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme does not guarantee you a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the post.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for all candidates. If you require the job description in an alternative format, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us - [email protected].
If you have any questions about the application process, please let us know.